Plan a trip to explore majestic landscapes in Vietnam but still consider if you need Vietnam visa or not? Let Ecohost provide you with the lists of countries that are permitted to enter Vietnam without a visa.
The Countries Receive Vietnam Visa Exemption
- Citizens from the countries without a visa for 30 days: Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore.
- Citizens from the countries without a visa for 21 days: Philippines
- Citizens from the countries without a visa for 15 days: Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Russian, Sweden, Norway, Finland, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain (*)
- Citizens from the countries without a visa for 14 days: Brunei, Myanmar
Note: If people from (*) countries expect to come back to Vietnam under the visa exemption program, the next visit cannot be earlier 30 days from the first visit.
Some Exceptions for Vietnam Visa Exemption
- Tourists are granted visa-free access for no more 30 days when they visit Phu Quoc Island through any international ports of entry (air or sea)
- The holders of APEC Business Travel Card do not need a visa for less than 60 days.
- No visa is required for 90 days for citizens holding diplomatic or official passport from the countries such as Armenia, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Dominican, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Hungary, India, Iraq, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- No visa is required for 30 days for citizens holding diplomatic or official passport from countries like Angola, Azerbaijan, China, Croatia, Kazakhstan, and Myanmar.
- No visa is required for 60 days for citizens holding diplomatic or official passport from the countries like Afghanistan, Albania, Belarus, Cuba, North Korea, Nicaragua, Romania.
- People from Czech, Estonia, Germany, France, Israel, Italy, Poland, Spain, and Switzerland own diplomatic passport are allowed to visit Vietnam without a visa for 90 days.
- Uzbekistan with diplomatic passport is permitted to travel Vietnam for 60 days.
- The citizens of Iran who hold diplomatic passports are exempted from a Vietnam visa for one month.